Fairy Tales Exhibition at Che Camille

More exciting news!! I am to be in a narrative jewellery exhibition under the theme of "Fairy Tales" which is launching on Thursday 30th July 2009. It is with a group of about 15 other jewellers, all assigned a different fairy tale to work with. We are to create one exhibition show piece along with a range of smaller more affordable pieces to be showcased for sale within Che Camille throughout August with the exhibition. As my pieces are double sided I have chosen to work with the Hans Christen tale of Beauty and the Beast!! I think the double sided aspect of my perspex tiles will work well with the Good and Bad fairy tale characters and will create an exciting and playful contrast. As I also work with text a lot i am also hoping to find some pretty old versions of the story book to use the actual pages of text within my work. I am really excited about the theme now as i was previously not sure how to tackle the theme and still bring my use of line into the work- but with this brain storming i think i have cracked it and have already ordered my materials to get started!! Will keep you updated on the jewellery’s developments!!

No comments:

Post a Comment