Well on Monday I handed in my finished pieces for The Darkness of Fairy Tales exhibition at Che Camille in Glasgow. I am really pleased with how the show piece has turned out. It probably doesn’t have as many tiles on it that I would like- due to trying to keep the cost down but do to that it is very wearable and surprisingly light in weight. As I had been using antique versions of the Beauty and the Beast story and ageing the paper I was then stitching onto, I decided to also age the chains I was using by oxidising the silver with liver of sulphur. It has created a great variety of greys, charcoals and blacks within the chain which I feel needed to be done as the original shiny silver just did not work. As I still don’t want to give away the piece until the exhibition launches on the 1st August, I have included some of my sketches of the design.

1 comment:

  1. Would you consider designing some clothing to set the jewellery off? Just a thought. Looks like a very creative exhibition.

    ReplyDelete