Post forum work ideas

Since being at the Textile Art Forum week for 2009/2010 with the new theme title of Deconstruct/Reconstruct i have lots of new ideas for work. I am approaching the theme in two ways, the visual image of the textile piece i will create and also in how i present the textiles. I am looking to urban construction in forms of buildings and road layouts, exploring how they are constantly being knocked down and rebuilt, creating layers of refurbishment. I plan for the textile pieces i create to be a reflection on the visual of the road markings and then to present the textiles in a format which reflects the idea of building blocks and layers, creating relief within the work, making it in itself a model of an urban landscape.
I have already started on building some models to work out my ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment